The 8th Conference on Applied Geometric Algebras in Computer Science and Engineering is organized by
- Institute of Mathematics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology
The conference has three main goals:
- To promote the development of the geometric algebra and geometric calculus.
- To spread geometric algebra technologies within industry and business by showing a range of applications (image processing, computer vision, robotics, flight navigation, molecular geometry, etc.).
- To make progress on the inclusion of geometric algebra ideas into the mathematics, physics, computer science and engineering curricula.
Organizers: Jaroslav Hrdina, Aleš Návrat, Petr Vašík
Rafael Alves (Universidade Federal do ABC, Brasil), Werner Benger (Airborne Hydro Mapping GmbH, Innsbruck, Austria), Eduardo Bayro-Corrochano (CINVESTAV, Mexico),Leo Dorst (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands), Dietmar Hildenbrand - chair(TU Darmstadt, Germany), Eckhard Hitzer (International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan),
Steven De Keninck (Matrix Factory, Belgium), Anthony Lasenby (Cambridge University, United Kingdom), Joan Lasenby (Cambridge University, United Kingdom), Carlile Lavor (IMECC – Unicamp, Brasil),
Vincent Nozick (Universite Gustave Eiffel, France), Salvatore Vitabile (University of Palermo, Italy)
Scope of the conference is divided into, but not limited to, the following confirmed sessions and represented by the indicated session talks:
- Computer Graphics and Vision (chair Steven De Keninck - Matrix Factory, Belgium)
- The universally accepted unwritten axiom by Steven De Keninck
- Applied Mathematics (chair Carlile Lavor, IMECC – Unicamp, Brasil)
- Conformal Geometric Algebra and Molecular Geometry by Carlile Lavor
- Hardware and Software Implementations (chair Salvatore Vitabile, University of Palermo, Italy)
- From GA native architectures to the GAPPCO-based approach by Salvatore Vitabile
- Image Processing, Robot Modelling and Control (chairs Eduardo Bayro-Corrochano, CINVESTAV, Mexico, and Joan Lasenby, Cambridge University, United Kingdom)
- Space Time Lie Group for Color Image Processing by Eduardo Bayro-Corrochano
- A Geometric Algebra Approach to Orthogonal Transformations and their use in Signal and Image Processing by Joan Lasenby
- Quantum Computing using Geometric Algebra (chairs Eduardo Bayro-Corrochano, CINVESTAV, Mexico, and Derek Abott, Adelaide University, Australia)